Thursday 14 November 2013

Never underestimate the power of the SIG


Prior to the start of the course, the introduction of and deeper understanding of professional networks and special interest groups, I admit that I was not aware ‘its’ power of being.
There have been many occasions during this last year where I have found a level of support (where within this industry we are lead to believe through some experiences as being  a bitter, selfish and pretty much bleak vacuum of none existent team values) that without pleading for it has come my way through the community spirit from fellow professionals. They (…you), have been able to see obstacles through the same lens as me with an objective view, holding with it self-experience, offering the valuable word, ear and shoulder that you cannot always able to rely on being there at ones disposal. 
I say this as a great thank you to many of you on BAPP and more still in my own ‘outer’ circle of professionals, as without this I am sure I would have flaked onto self-deferral once again leaving a further sense of self-doubt and postponement failure which, to be honest, we could all do without.
During the last two months the devastating hurdles that have cropped up in my way have seemed higher and wider than ever…with a constant yell from my inner self ‘please can I get a break!?’ I won’t go into too much detail as many of you are aware, but alongside the usual full time work/life/study/rehearsal challenge that is an on-going battle I have had two tragedies within the family which has taken me aback with a full on crack. It is in times like these where life seems to hurtle past you when you yourself feel stuck at glacial pace unable to see…never mind chase or catch up with the day. Excuses excuses I hear you say, and I too can agree to an extent, but as we all have heard from time to time ‘things happen for a reason’ and it is to this reason I am now in search for discovering with great passion.
The continuous flow of ideas, themes and developments within my inquiry and the support (personal and professional) has kept me grounded and the stronger half of me on the right track; albeit in the slow lane of the track, shall we say!
My journal has been invaluable tool once again, although reading back some of the chapters I honestly do not see what use the words are…other than the initial export platform of emotion as a release to clear the head and heart. On the other hand some is comedy genius; I knew I still had my sense of humour! You never know I may share a few of these ‘light releases’ with you to bring a giggle!
My uploading of blogs may come as a flurry now as I seem to be in the right mind set and timing to share my thoughts, ideas, progressions, set-backs, revelations and the reciprocation of support for you all via the means of the blog, especially. After all this element is a requirement of the module…not only the interaction in person, phone calls etc.
I will begin by publishing my summary, my thoughts from the summer leave, the inquiry as it stands today, and how my professional practice has seen a great shift all thanks to my light bulb moments that very much frequent my being during the course!
Every experience good or bad, is indeed valuable for my line of inquiry as the ‘finding ones feet’ and psychological struggle of transition (of any kind) in general is giving me further knowledge and appreciation of the results/personal stories I am currently analysing.
I am LOVING this discovery.
Thank you once again! xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hayley,

    WOOP WOOP! :)

    So awesome to read that you are feeling so positive - I reckon you're sparkling just like your blog page!
    It just goes to show how much we need other people, doesn't it, even if we don't always realise it at the time.
    On a more personal note, it also must show you how strong you are as a person, how resilient to what life throws at you, and how passionate you are about your work, your inquiry, etc.

    I look forward to reading your blogs over the next few weeks and to all the thinking and commenting that it will bring! :)

    S

    ReplyDelete